Michael “Million” McGough
1. How long have you worked in the tattoo industry and how did you get started?
Professionally, 2014 will be my 12th year tattooing.
2. What is your favorite style of tattooing?
I really don’t have a favorite style, I just really dig doing tattoos. So any style is a cool style. If I had to pick, I would lean towards more of
an illustrated type. My art influences include, but are not limited to, Drew Struzan, Alphonse Mucha, Greg Capullo and many others.
3. Who have you been tattooed by and who’s on your wish list?
Most of my stuff has been done by myself while I was underage, but I have a couple of pieces from Trip.
As for artists I want pieces from? The list never seems to end, but my top three would be Jeff Gogue, Russ Abbot, and Joe Capobianco.
4. If I wasn’t working in the tattoo industry I would probably be:
A comic book artist.
5. One piece of advice for someone looking to get tattooed?
Find the artist who you think will do your tattoo the best, and let them do the work. Let that person PROVE to YOU that you made the right choice. Don’t let them talk you into getting something you don’t want, but stay open to the advice they give you.