To download a copy of this information click HERE so that you can print it off.
What to do BEFORE your tattoo appointment:
Your consult is finished. Your design is essentially ready to be tattooed. Here is a list of things to keep in mind as your tattoo appointment approaches.
- Get hydrated. Drink at least one (1) to two (2) liters of water a day. When you are hydrated, your skin is hydrated and will be able to maintain a better heal and withstand longer sessions.
- Lotion the area to be tattooed once or twice daily. Again, the healthier your skin, the better the results.
- Shave & Exfoliate the area 1-3 times weekly. If you are super hairy, this will really, really make a big difference. It’s hard for lotion to get in there well if you’re a Wookie. If you experience razor burn, stop shaving for a week prior to your appointment. Exfoliation should be gentle with a loofah or basic body scrub.
- Get a good night’s sleep the night before. Please don’t party the night before. Getting tattooed hung-over, if even slightly, is not fun for you or me.
- Please EAT BEFORE your session. I can’t tell you how many people I’ve seen pass out just because they were too nervous to eat before hand. This is a massive workout for your body and IT NEEDS FUEL. When you are hungry, pain management is much more difficult.
- Bring drinks, snacks and lunch. Since Rogers, ND doesn’t have any other businesses, you won’t have enough time during our short breaks to leave, get food, then come back and eat it, so bring it with you! I have a microwave and a fridge at the studio for your convenience. It is also a good idea to bring small snacks that you can eat one handed without making a mess in case you need a distraction during your session. As a side note, I try to take breaks every hour depending on the length of the session.
- If you happen to break a bone or sustain any other major injuries prior to your appointment, please contact me ASAP.
What you SHOULD NOT DO before a tattoo session:
- No tanning, fake tanning, chemical peels, sunburns, major cuts or scrapes within a month prior to your session in the area to be tattooed. I can’t work on freshly damaged skin… it won’t heal properly.
- No extreme weight lifting in or near the area to be tattooed at least 2 days prior to your session to prevent unnecessary swelling or soreness.
On the day of your Appointment:
- Please do not bring the entire family or crew unless they are also getting tattooed. Trust me, they will get bored and may get in the way or at least be distracting. One person is okay, but please be aware that they must wait outside the tattoo area.
- For safety reasons, please do not bring small children, babies, or pets.
- Dress comfortably and appropriately. Be prepared for it to be cold and warm. Bring socks or flip flops to prevent walking around the studio barefoot during breaks if you will be taking your shoes off during the session.
- You are invited to bring your own pillow for laying or sitting on during your tattoo.
- Bring some form of entertainment for yourself, like music, tablet, portable DVD player, etc. with your own headphones or ear buds. Free WIFI is available.
- Please do not schedule something immediately after your tattoo, in case we are running behind or long.
- Please do not use any numbing products on the area to be tattooed and please do not come in under the influence of any drugs or alcohol. For pain, Advil or Tylenol are acceptable during your session
While you are getting tattooed:
- Please be aware of cross contamination. Do not touch your fresh tattoo during your session. Do not let anyone else touch your tattoo either!
- Do not touch any of the tattoo equipment or work space.
- Talking is fine during your session, but please do not talk with your hands, nod your head, or excessively move other body parts as this can cause the area being tattooed to move as well.
- Be mindful and do not touch any other possibly contaminated area.